Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionIn Placing Outer Space Lisa Messeri traces how the place-making practices of planetary scientists transform the void of space into a cosmos filled with worlds that can be kwn and explored. Making planets into places is central to the daily practices and professional identities of the astromers, geologists, and computer scientists Messeri studies. She takes readers to the Mars Desert Research Station and a NASA research center to discuss ways scientists experience and map Mars. At a Chilean observatory and in MIT's labs she describes how they discover exoplanets and envision what it would be like to inhabit them. Today's planetary science reveals the universe as densely inhabited by evocative worlds, which in turn tells us more about Earth, ourselves, and our place in the universe.
- Author BiographyLisa Messeri is Assistant Professor of Science, Technology, and Society in the Department of Engineering and Society at the University of Virginia.
- Author(s)Lisa Messeri
- PublisherDuke University Press
- Date of Publication26/08/2016
- SubjectAstronomy, Space & Time
- Series TitleExperimental Futures
- Place of PublicationNorth Carolina
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDuke University Press
- Content Note38 illustrations
- Weight477 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.