All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.18
- AU $36.20Trending at AU $44.81
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.80
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.84
- AU $24.46Trending at AU $29.64
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.53
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $19.06
About this product
- DescriptionAges 7 to 14 years. From the mysterious plagues and diseases of ancient times to global epidemics and the flu, these disasters have evoked fear in the hearts of people. This book looks at types of diseases, how they are spread and contained, and their costly consequences. Topics include: a step-by-step explanation of how disease and plague outbreaks occur; how epidemiologists predict and work to stop the spread of diseases; a history of plagues from ancient times, such as the Black Plague, small pox, and flu as well modern diseases such as AIDS and SARS; organisations that work to combat widespread diseases such as the Red Cross, World Health Organisation, and Centers for Disease Control; what people can do to stay safe and reduce their risk of transmitting diseases; the long-term effects of plagues and diseases on populations today and in ancient times.
- Author(s)Julie Karner
- PublisherCrabtree Publishing Co,Canada
- Date of Publication20/11/2004
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Series TitleDisaster Alert!
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintCrabtree Publishing Co,Canada
- Content Notecolour photos & illus
- Weight172 g
- Width215 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine4 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.