Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $27.19
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the acclaimed, bestselling author of The French Executioner, an epic and thrilling tale of a serial killer who threatens London's rich and poor during the Great Plague of 1665. If you enjoy vels by CJ Sansom and SJ Parris, you will love Plague. London, May 1665. On a dark road outside London, a simple robbery goes horribly wrong - when the gentlemanly highwayman, William Coke, discovers that his intended victims have been brutally slaughtered. Suspected of the murders, Coke is forced into an uneasy alliance with the man who pursues him - the relentless thief-taker, Pitman. Together they seek the killer - and uncover a conspiracy that reaches from the glittering, debauched court of King Charles to the worst slum in the city, St Giles in the Fields. But there's ather murderer moving through the slums, the taverns and palaces, slipping under the doorways of the rich. A mass murderer. Plague.
- Author BiographyC.C. (Chris) Humphreys - born in Toronto, raised in London - is an actor, playwright, fight choreographer and novelist. 'My first job out of school was as a motorcycle messenger, based in St Giles, where much of Plague takes place. A ghastly slum in 1665, thousands died horribly there in the Great Plague. I think many Londoners have a deep-buried memory of the devastating things that have happened to their city. Walking those streets again, it's not hard to sense the bones just below the paving stones.' Chris has written nine historical fiction novels including The French Executioner, the Jack Absolute Series, Vlad and Shakespeare's Rebel. His latest, Plague, is a thriller set in London 1665. Fire will follow. He is translated into thirteen languages.
- Author(s)C. C. Humphreys
- Date of Publication17/07/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date17/11/2016
- Weight309 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.