Brand newLOWEST PRICE
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.95+ AU $13.50 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by wifeofsteptoe
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten with panache and wit, Plain-speaking Jane is an unflinchingly honest celebration of a perfectly imperfect life. Reading about anxiety usually makes me anxious. Not in this case though: only Jane Caro could convert anxiety into a triumph of the human condition. An honest, funny and gripping read. I could t love her more. Annabel Crabb, author of The Wife Drought Jane has acquired insights and wisdom that she shares with candour and generous heart. She has confronted tough, testing times with courage and optimism. Quentin Bryce AD CVO At some point, I gave up trying to play it safe. I stopped trying to control the uncontrollable. Jane Caro is kwn for saying what she thinks across the news and entertainment media. In an era where public figures talk about themselves as brands, and manage every moment accordingly, this is t just refreshing, it's, well, radical. Unafraid to apply that razor-sharp insight to her own life, Jane reveals that she was t a model child or a faultless parent, and she's a better person for it; that asking for help is a skill worth mastering; and that in her long and successful career in advertising, she was bullied by some of the wittiest men in Australia. Jane also talks frankly about her battle with anxiety, offering assurance and hope to the one-in-three Australian women affected by the condition. Jane shows that anxiety is t a life sentence, and that on the other side lies the ultimate reward: the freedom to do as we please.
- Author BiographyJane Caro is an author, novelist, journalist, broadcaster, columnist, advertising writer and social commentator. She spent 30 years as an advertising writer and her creative work has won many national and international awards. She appears in the media regularly. Her 6-part ABC radio series, For Better, For Worse, is now being produced as a four-part TV series for ABC Compass. Jane has also appeared on The Drum, Q&A, The Project, Daily Edition, Mornings on 9, Studio 10 and Today. She writes regular monthly columns for Mt (Management Today) Magazine and the Sun Herald's Sunday Life. She is also in demand as a speaker, workshop facilitator and MC.
- Author(s)Jane Caro
- PublisherPan Macmillan Australia
- Date of Publication29/09/2015
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintMacmillan Australia
- Weight571 g
- Width155 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.