All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe history of how blacks came to America is generally t found in city hall documents, but in the old Black churches and in the hearts and minds of elderly blacks who attended those churches. Through oral history and participant observation, this book attempts to unfold the story of what really occurred in the development of rtheastern American towns and cities through the events that took place in Plainfield, New Jersey. This town was chosen for the study because of its large African-American population (65-70%), and the concentration of churches which were established around 1900.
- Author BiographyLeonard L. Bethel is Associate Professor of African Studies at Rutgers University in New Brunswick, New Jersey.
- Author(s)Frederick A. Johnson,Leonard L. Bethel
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication22/09/2016
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Weight231 g
- Width142 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.