Plan for the Planet: A Business Plan for a Sustainable World by John Humble, Ian Chambers (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $61.11Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $36.02+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe world struggles with increasing threats to global sustainability, caused by population growth, overuse of fresh water resources, depletion of biodiversity, and reliance on n-renewable energy sources. There is an urgent need for an overall plan to address these challenges in a coordinated and effective manner. Whether in government, business, community or as an individual, we need to begin acting a lot smarter, faster and more collaboratively if we are going to avert the potential devastating impacts on this planet. Plan for the Planet outlines a co-ordinated approach to tackling the global challenges we face which can be implemented at every level. Using proven business management wisdom and principles, this book provides perhaps the most comprehensive and robust framework within which business, government and the community can work together to build a sustainable world. Whether you want to understand how to prepare your organisation and yourself to deal successfully with the global challenges, or seize the opportunities which are fast developing with the emergence of the sustainability revolution, you will benefit from reading this timely book.
- Author BiographyIan Chambers conceived, developed and produced A Plan for the Planet based on his work with global corporations, government and the telecommunications industry over the last 20 years by combining his unique insights into management practice with his parallel work on global sustainability. His business career has spanned a range of executive roles including business strategy and planning, sales and marketing, as well as global transformational change and program management. He has been an active member of the Green Economics Institute Advisory Board and a member of the Academic Journals Advisory Board where his focus has been on establishing practical approaches to sustainable business development and global sustainability management. John Humble was an international management consultant who pioneered the practice of Management by Objectives, Service Management, the Social Responsibility Audit and the importance of Corporate Values. His six books have been translated into 17 languages. His six film series on Management by Objectives (EMI, London) was internationally acclaimed and produced in 5 languages. His distinctions include The Ford Foundation Businessman Award, the Burnham Medal of the British Institute of Management, the Social Responsibility Award of Management Centre Europe and Fellowship of the International Academy of Management.
- Author(s)Ian Chambers,John Humble
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/05/2012
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Series TitleGower Green Economics and Sustainable Growth Series
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight730 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Series Edited byMs. Miriam Kennet
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.