All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMike Clarke worked for 18 years in Immigration Control in London's larger airports, the last 9 as a Chief Immigration Officer. In his time there, he encountered every scenario you could imagine - and some you'd never dream of! Planes, Passports and Porkie Pies - Slice One details the ups and downs of his working life: queues and crises, joy and despair, cock-ups, punch--ups, forgers, robbers, liars, lovers, thugs, drugs and always the poorest of the poor. Join Mike as he recounts just some of his more memorable moments, from a man wearing a suit filled with GBP80,000 cash to his part in the truly shocking sudden death of the Russian Atomic Clock. Planes, Passports and Porkie Pies is a hilarious memoir that will particularly appeal to those familiar with the immigration sector, as well as anyone who has ever suffered at the hands of mindless bureaucracy.
- Author BiographyAfter a disastrous (but character forming) spell at university, then some aimless swanning around, Mike Clarke worked for 38 years in Immigration Control, finally becoming the first Inspector of the elite, discreet and now defunct IS Anti-Terrorist Liaison Unit. He has now, thankfully, retired. Planes, Passports and Porkie Pies - Slice One is his first book, but he has already written its successor, Planes, Passports and Porkie Pies - Slice Two.
- Author(s)Mike Clarke
- PublisherTroubador Publishing
- Date of Publication28/04/2016
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationMarket Harborough
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight372 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.51Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.