Planet Earth: as You've Never Seen it Before by Alastair Fothergill (Hardback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $79.15+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.73Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionA visual odyssey that will change the way we see our planet, this remarkable book, companion to the acclaimed Discovery Channel/ BBC series, is an enduring and awe-inspiring record of one of the most ambitious natural history projects ever undertaken. Using the latest aerial surveillance, state-of-the-art cameras, and high definition techlogy, the creators of Planet Earth have assembled more than 400 stunning photographs of wondrous natural landscapes from around the globe, including incredible footage of the rarely spotted, almost mythical creatures that live in these habitats. Many of the images reveal inaccessible places that few have seen and record animal behavior that has never been filmed or photographed before. With the help of this highly advanced techlogy and the world's premier wildlife photographers, the book takes us on a spectacular journey from the world's greatest rivers and impressive gorges, to its mightiest mountains, hidden caves and caverns, and vast deserts. Planet Earth captures breathtaking sequences of predators and their prey, lush vistas of forests viewed from the tops of towering trees, the oceans and their mysterious creatures viewed from beneath the surface, and much more--in a magnificent adventure that brings unkwn wonders of the natural world into our living rooms. Copub: BBC Worldwide Americas
- Author BiographyAlastair Fothergill is the series producer of Planet Earth and the director of Earth, the associated feature film. He studied zoology at the University of Durham and made his first film, on the Okavango, while still a student. Fothergill joined BBC Natural History United in 1983, working on The Really Wild Show, Wildlife on One, and the series The Trials of Life. He was appointed head of the unit in 1992, and during his tenure he produced the award-winning series Life in the Freezer. In 1998, he produced the hugely successful series The Blue Planet. He has also presented several television programs, including The Abyss, and is the author of three books.
- PrizesShortlisted for British Book Awards: TV & Film Book of the Year 2007.
- Author(s)Alastair Fothergill
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication21/04/2011
- SubjectNatural History: General
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight4000 g
- Width150 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Foreword bySir David Attenborough
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.