All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPlanet Property details the inner workings of the UK commercial property, residential development and rental markets. This first major book on the topic for 20 years maps these sectors between 1997 and 2012, during the ten-year boom, the 2008/9 financial crash and its protracted aftermath. Developers and investors made debt-fuelled fortunes during Tony Blair's decade as Prime Minister, during which prices nearly doubled. The 2008 banking crisis led to the sharpest crash in 80 years, under Gordon Brown's tenure, when prices halved. The biggest debt clear-up in history began under David Cameron. Planet Property is the first full guide to the GBP400 billion sector. The fast-paced book will appeal to insiders as well as outsiders seeking insight. Students in pursuit of kwledge have dedicated chapters explaining the world of property, its history, inhabitants - and how and why so much money can be made and lost. The book provides a plain-English explanation of how Planet Property spins. Author and journalist Peter Bill explains the roles and relationships between those who fund, develop, own, trade, broker, manage and provide professional and legal advice on offices, shops, industrial property as well as new-build homes. Peter's 11-year editorship of property bible Estates Gazette and his City pages column in the London Evening Standard provided access to leading politicians, bankers, investors, agents and the foremost developers of the era. Many major figures have given interviews for Planet Property. This informed and lively tale is filled with insights and sparkles with anecdotes Peter has gathered during his years of high-level access. The 250-page volume ranges wider than the out-of-print standard works: Oliver Marriott's The Property Boom and Alastair Ross Goobey's Bricks and Mortals.
- Author BiographyPeter Bill is a columnist for the London Evening Standard and Estates Gazette. He was editor of Building magazine for seven years and Estates Gazette for 11 years. He has won many awards for his writing.
- Author(s)Peter Bill
- PublisherTroubador Publishing
- Date of Publication13/03/2014
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationMarket Harborough
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date01/10/2016
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
- AU $22.95New
- AU $77.48New
- AU $36.45New
- AU $30.03New
- AU $78.48New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.96Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $36.45
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $127.08
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.08
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.31
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $94.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.