Planet of the Apes: The Evolution of the Legend by Jeff Bond, Joe Fordham (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $30.00+ postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by thereandback
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1968 audiences around the world were transported to a world eerily similar to their own, but where apes ruled and mankind was subjugated. A terrifying, thrilling film, featuring one of the most famous twist endings in film history, Planet of the Apes is a science fiction masterpiece. The film birthed one of the longest running and most successful film franchises in cinema history, spawning seven further films, two television series, comics, vels and much more. Over 40 years later moviegoers around the world are still enthralled by this iconic, award-winning series. P lanet of the Apes: The Evolution of the Legend is the definitive guide to every aspect of this cultural phemen. From the groundbreaking original to 2014's blockbuster Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, this book tells the whole story, accompanied by brand new interviews with key creatives and die-hard fans. The book is illustrated throughout by gorgeous behind the scenes photography, makeup tests, candid stills, and beautiful film frames. Highly rare conceptual artwork has been unearthed and promises fans an exclusive glimpse into the creation of this beloved series. Detailing the writing and production process of all the films, the impact and influence, the makeup, the music, and much more. Planet of the Apes: The Evolution of the Legend is a landmark book and must-have for fans everywhere. TM & (c) 2014 Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
- Author BiographyJoe Fordham has been writing full-time for Cinefex since since 2001. Before that, he worked in visual effects, special effects, makeup effects, miniature effects, animation and editing in LA and in London. Jeff Bond is the author of Danse Macabre: 25 years of Danny Elfman and Tim Burton and The Music of Star Trek. He is Executive Editor of Geek magazine and was Senior Editor at CFQ, the revival of Cinefantastique magazine, from 2003 to 2006. He covered film music and other subjects for the Hollywood Reporter for ten years, has written hundreds of movie soundtrack liner notes booklets
- Author(s)Jeff Bond,Joe Fordham
- PublisherTitan Books Ltd
- Date of Publication17/10/2014
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTitan Books Ltd
- Content Notecolour photos throughout
- Weight1928 g
- Width312 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $19.99
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.85
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.