All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhile his mum recovers from cancer, Joe (and Bingo - the only psychic dog in England) stays with cousin Molly and her dad at the scientific research institute in the countryside. Early one morning, Joe hears a strange wailing sound - like an animal in distress. Molly hears it, too, and they trace it to the disused swimming pool at the back of the institute. However, there are animals: the scientists are meant to be researching plants. Then Molly and Joe make an amazing discovery: a creature which is part-plant and part-animal. The Planimal can photosynthesise and make its own food. It's a mind-blowing discovery with huge implications for the scientific world. Some people, however, want to use the Planimal for their own selfish ends. Who are they, what do they want, and can Molly and Joe defeat them - and set the Planimal free?
- Author BiographyRebecca Lisle was born into a family of artists, and chose to study Biology instead. She developed a strong interest in plant life. One day, mashing up some leaves into a green sludge in the lab, a friend dared her to drink the potion. The idea for Planimal Magic was born! Rebecca's other books include the novel, Copper (Andersen Press) and re-tellings for Hodder Wayland.
- Author(s)Rebecca Lisle
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication31/10/2003
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleBlack Cats
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintA & C Black Publishers Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight115 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Reading AgeFrom 8 To 11
- Interest AgeFrom 8 To 11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.