All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis concise yet comprehensive guide describes in detail a successful method for planning and writing about proposed research and management projects. Intended for use by a wide variety of individuals in life sciences, environmental sciences, and management, the volume offers indispensable, step-by-step advice for any student or professional undertaking a research project. John Gordon focuses first on the importance of thinking carefully and writing down a research plan, describing each component of such a plan and explaining why it is important. In subsequent chapters, he shows how to describe research or management problems, how to write clear objectives, the importance of the hypothesis, how to deal with schedules and budgets, how to communicate completed plans, and how to prepare grant applications. Gordon concludes with an insightful chapter on the social significance of scientific research.
- Author BiographyJohn C. Gordon is Pinchot Professor of Forestry and Environmental Studies Emeritus, Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies; chairman, Interforest LLC; and chairman, The Candlewood Timber Group. He is the coauthor of Environmental Leadership Equals Essential Leadership and Forests to Fight Poverty, both published by Yale University Press.
- Author(s)John C. Gordon
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication04/05/2007
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Weight222 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine14 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.78
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.89
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.38
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.38
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $91.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.