All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUrban regeneration schemes involving a wide range of actors and dependent on private investment are increasingly deployed in Europe's cities with the aim of delivering private, merit and public goods. This book explores the relationships, objectives and strategies of the actors engaging in these schemes in cities of three advanced European ecomies. It researches the outcomes of actor interactions as these transform under the influence of changing market circumstances and associated risks. The book focuses on the way this change is reflected in the provision of mixed-use developments within a context of increasingly polarised housing markets and urban growth patterns. It argues that although these schemes can and do deliver much-needed dwellings, their exposure to market risks may in many cases cause them to fall short of the desired socio-ecomically sustainable outcomes.
- Author BiographyNikos Karadimitriou is Lecturer in Planning and Property Development at the Bartlett School of Planning, UCL. Claudio de Magalhaes is Reader in Urban Regeneration and Management at the Bartlett School of Planning, UCL. Roelof Verhage is Lecturer in Urban Planning and Development at the Institut d'Urbanisme de Lyon, Universite Lumiere Lyon.
- Author(s)Claudio de Magalhaes,Nikos Karadimitriou,Roelof Verhage
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication11/02/2013
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleHousing, Planning and Design Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note26 black & white illustrations
- Weight385 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.16New
- AU $64.84Used
- AU $78.59New
- AU $105.40New
- AU $75.53Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $64.22Trending at AU $77.49
- AU $21.87Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $19.90Trending at AU $22.97
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $19.40
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.31
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $94.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.