Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.04Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionAn essential addition to the Earthscan Planning & Installing series, Planning and Installing Micro-Hydro Systems provides vital diagrams, pictures and tables detailing the planning and installing of a micro-hydro system, including information on the maintenance and ecomics once an installation is running. The book covers subjects such as measuring head and flow, ecological impacts, scheme layouts, practical advice, calculations and turbine choice. Archimedes screws are also covered in detail, as well as the main conventional choices relevant to small sites. Micro-hydro refers to hydropower systems with a power rating of 100kW or less. A 100kW system will produce 100 standard units of electricity in one hour. These systems have been popular in some sparsely populated or mountaius countries for a number of years, but w new techlogy, less stringent regulation of grid connected generators and standardised turbine designs are encouraging more widespread interest in micro-hydro in the developed world. The renewable energy sector is growing at a remarkable rate, and whilst much attention has so far focused on solar and wind techlogies, Europe and elsewhere have great potential for generating power from small scale hydroelectric installations. This book is aimed at site owners, designers and consultants who are looking to develop schemes in the micro-hydro scale - 5 to 100kW - although the concepts are applicable to smaller and larger schemes.
- Author BiographyChris Elliott is a Chartered Mechanical Engineer and has many years' experience in small hydro in the UK, and set up WRE in 2005, later taken over by Renewables First. He has designed and installed dozens of schemes in this time across a range of sizes and technologies.
- Author(s)Chris Elliott,Gavin D.J. Harper
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/01/2012
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Series TitlePlanning and Installing Renewable Energy Systems Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEarthscan Ltd
- Content Note221 colour illustrations, 20 colour tables
- Weight1224 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.