All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs long as there has been motherhood there has been baby advice, some good, some bad, most of it unsolicited. The authors of Planning for Babies Health and Happiness, having patiently sifted through history's ample record of child rearing information, new baby observations and parenting tips, present for new mothers and fathers the best, and funniest of that advice. Many of the remarks in the book are eminently practical such as this one, circa 1960, if you force food on them, it may bounce back. Much of the advice in Planning for Babies Health and Happiness is oddly both humorous and serious (much like child rearing itself, ) such as these words of wisdom from Elir Goulding Smith It sometimes happens, even in the best of families, that a baby is born. This is t necessarily cause for alarm. The important thing is to keep your wits about you and borrow some money. And some other of the suggestions in Planning for Babies Health and Happiness can be seen as amusingly old fashioned or downright provocative, depending on your gender or gestation, such as this gem from 1968 Take a little time to consider the things you can do to make his life a little easier while you are away [in the hospital]...(1) Write out a telephone list (2) Leave him a week's supply of clean underclothes and shirts (3) Stock the refrigerator with food (4) Arrange for a maid to come in one. Planning for Babies Health and Happiness is illustrated attractively from the, nearly as ample as the advice, wealth of vintage baby and motherhood illustration of the last hundred years or so. This attractive little gift book will be an entertaining distraction and amusement for the new mother while somewhat surreptitiously providing a lot of solid advice, think of it is Infantainment.
- Author BiographyThe Enthusiast creates crafty and clever books about elevating and entertaining subjects, including, but not limited to, art, nostalgia, philosophy, science, cooking and sport, to share with interested and engaged people. He works in a hundred year old red barn, amongst the grape vines, in Sonoma, California.
- Author(s)Mr The Enthusiast
- Date of Publication30/09/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight145 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.51New
- AU $65.15Used
- AU $78.97New
- AU $105.90New
- AU $75.89Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $47.66Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $80.48
- AU $21.06Trending at AU $23.17
- AU $29.80Trending at AU $36.12
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $94.85
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.70
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $102.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.