All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCommunity development, planning and partnerships have become important terms in health promotion but, up until w, debate around these concepts have been discussed more in planning science than in public health literature. Roar Amdam draws on theories and new empirical evidence from local, regional and international planning and public health in order to develop a new model for health promotion: empowerment planning. Much health promotion planning has focused on top-down approaches, and while efforts to be participative are made, it is often without having a clear understanding of how community empowerment can be accommodated within health promotion programs. Amdam's invative concept combines top-down and bottom-up approaches to enable people to take more responsibility for their own health and for individual and collective capacity building. Planning in Health Promotion Work is suitable for all students and researchers of health promotion and health planning and development, whilst the numerous applied examples make it an invaluable resource for policymakers and practitioners working in public health.
- Author BiographyRoar Amdam is a Professor at Volda University College, Norway. He teaches planning and leadership and has participated as a planning expert in domestic and international public health promotion projects. One of these projects, the Ostfold County Council-led HEPRO project which aims to put public health issues on the political agenda in the Baltic Sea Region, is used as a case study in the book.
- Author(s)Roar Amdam
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2012
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note10 black & white illustrations, 1 black & white tables
- Weight226 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine7 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.82Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.