All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTo prepare to teach the new Primary National Curriculum, you need more than just the Programmes of Study. You need a resource to help you understand, plan for, teach and assess the curriculum. This is it! Your guide to planning the 2014 primary national curriculum. This book explores how to plan in primary schools. It covers curriculum design and structure, challenges to learning, and how children learn. For each curriculum subject the programme of study is included, with tes to help you interpret it for your own class. The text covers how the teaching of each subject can be organised, assessment opportunities, key and essential resources in each subject, and how ICT can best be used in each subject to enhance teaching. Sequenced lesson examples in all subject chapters link theory to practice and highlight progression. The final section of the book explores the many ways in which the curriculum can be delivered. The creative curriculum, dialogic teaching, cross curricular learning and more current thinking about interpreting the curriculum.
- Author BiographyKeira Sewell is programme director of the Primary PGCE at Southampton University. Contributors to the book are members of the primary and secondary PGCE teams at the University of Southampton and the University of Cumbria.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication02/04/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight794 g
- Width206 mm
- Height293 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byKeira Sewell
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.