All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe DVD contains approx. 2,000 images and more than 250 movies of the cell biology and structure-function relationships of subcellular components of plant cells. Most forms of microscopy and most forms of sample preparation are included. The superior quality given by high-pressure freezing/freeze-substitution is featured in all chapters. Particular emphasis is placed on movie recording of dynamic processes in live cells, thus making avaiable events which few teachers or students can hope to see for themselves. Program facilities include hierarchical menus, comprehensive navigation and progress-monitoring aids, detailed descriptions of all images, ability to export images, and a slide-show module that allowas pre-selection of sequences of images/movies for use in one-click presentations or tutorial exercises. Written for: Lecturers, schoolteachers, researchers and students in plant cell biology.
- Author BiographyBrian E.S. Gunning is an Emeritus Professor in the Plant Cell Biology Group of the Australian National University's Research School of Biology. His distinguished research career included pioneering applications of electron microscopy and confocal scanning microscopy to studies of many aspects of plant cell structure and function. He co-authored several textbooks and has now distilled his long experience in this field into his Plant Cell Biology on DVD , a comprehensive collection of micrographs and movies of live cell phenomena presented in a user-friendly interface. He considers his long career in plant cell biology to have been in many ways a preparation for this major work, which in its educational contributions will have much longer-lasting value than research discoveries that are relatively ephemeral, despite representing fascinating progress at the time.
- Author(s)Brian E.S. Gunning
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication11/09/2009
- SubjectLife Sciences: Botany
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Weight113 g
- Width135 mm
- Height188 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.