All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPlant tissue culture techniques help in understanding basic life processes and their proper understanding is essential for improving crop productivity. Besides, recently molecular biology has assumed great importance with respect to plant biotechlogy. The present book amalgamates all three aspects into one, practical applications of various techniques being the need of the hour. It discusses micropropagation studies on several crop plants, molecular basis of understanding various life processes including molecular basis of somatic embryogenesis and other physiological and biochemical processes having significant biotechlogical applications. It also includes in vitro studies of some important plants like Aloe vera, Simmondsia chinensis, Anacyclus pyrethrum and Crataeva nurvala, Arachis hypogaea L., Phoenix dactylifera, Dendrocalamus asper, Asparagus adescendens Roxb., natural products of plant origin with their therapeutic potential and biotechlogical production, geme analysis of crop plants with future applications in biotechlogy etcetera.
- PublisherI K International Publishing House Pvt. Ltd
- Date of Publication31/01/2009
- SubjectLife Sciences: Botany
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintI K International Publishing House Pvt. Ltd
- Weight2 g
- Width180 mm
- Height250 mm
- Edited byAshwani Kumar,N.S. Shekhawat
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.