All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFind out how our plant classification system works and look at how scientists use it to identify and group plant species. This book examines the features required to classify a plant, the key plant kingdoms and the plants that fall within them. This also looks at the variation between and within plant species and debates how and why such variations have occurred. Includes fieldwork investigations that show students at Key Stage 3 how to classify plants in their area and fascinating fact boxes that offer in-depth information on topics such as mutation. An activity project shows students how to create their own classification key. The six books in the Living Processes series look at the processes all living organisms must carry out in order to stay alive. From feeding and drinking through to breathing and reproducing, it explores the differing ways in which organisms carry them out.
- Author BiographyDr Carol Ballard has written several children's books on human biology and health. A specialist in primary science, she currently teaches science, mathematics and geography in primary school.
- Author(s)Carol Ballard
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication12/11/2015
- SubjectYoung Adult General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitleLiving Processes
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWayland (Publishers) Ltd
- Weight180 g
- Width190 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 3
- Interest AgeFrom 12
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $128.00Trending at AU $199.21
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $167.89
- AU $26.64Trending at AU $29.41
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.29
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $14.90Trending at AU $23.62
- AU $38.98Trending at AU $44.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.