Plant and Soil Science: Fundamentals and Applications by Rick Parker (Hardback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $142.53Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $246.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPlant & Soil Science: Fundamentals and Applications leads the learner through four major sections, Introduction to Plants, Fundamentals of Soil Science, Fundamentals of Plant Growth and Propagation, and Crops - Applied Plant and Soil Science. Organized into twenty-eight chapters, each chapter features learning objectives, key terms (defined in the glossary), tables, charts, illustrations and color photographs to aid the learning and teaching process. Learning objectives at the beginning of each chapter indicate to the student and the teacher the important concepts. The review questions at the end of each chapter are tied to the learning objectives to help assess the students grasp of key concepts contained within each chapter. Similarly, additional resources are listed at the end of each chapter, and a Kwledge Applied section contains student activities designed to get the students doing so that they begin understanding plant and soil science. In the final chapter, students who enjoy learning about and working with plants and soils can learn more about employing the necessary skills and education for a career paths in plant and soil science.
- Author BiographyDr. Parker is the director for AgrowKnowledge, the National Center for Agriscience and Technology Education, a project funded by the National Science Foundation. The former division director at the College of Southern Idaho, he worked in agriculture, information technology, drafting, and electronics, and taught computer, agriculture, and writing classes. He is the 2008 recipient of the N.A.C.T.A. (National American Colleges and Teachers of Agriculture) Distinguished Educator Award, and the 2010 recipient of the N.A.C.T.A. Murray Brown Leadership Award. Dr. Parker has authored several Delmar,Cengage textbooks (Plant & Soil Science, Aquaculture Science, Introduction to Plant Science, and Introduction to Food Science, and others), and serves as Editor of the N.A.C.T.A. Journal. He earned his undergraduate degree from Brigham Young University, a Ph.D. in Reproductive Physiology from Iowa State University, and completed post-doctoral work at the University of Alberta, Edmonton, and the University of Wyoming, Laramie.
- Author(s)Rick Parker
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication26/02/2009
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Content Notecolour illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight1935 g
- Width223 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine35 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.78
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.95
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.89
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.38
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.38
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $91.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.