Plants: Diversity and Evolution by Bill Eddie, Martin J. Ingrouille (Paperback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $32.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a readable introduction to plant structure and diversity for those embarking upon the study of botany. For students it provides a refreshing and distinct account, seeing the plant and its environment t as separate entities but as parts of an evolving whole. A major theme is origin and development of plant form. The evolution of the algae is described as prefiguring many of the variations exhibited by plants. The various reproductive strategies in sex and dispersal for life on land are explored in detail. An up to date account of the phylogeny of plants is provided. Plants are placed in the context of their environments and their communities. The relationship of plants and humans is discussed; plants as a source of food, materials, and inspiration. Finally it reviews the development of plant sciences providing an historical context. The book is richly illustrated with colour photographs and diagrams.
- Author BiographyMartin Ingrouille is a senior lecturer in botany in the School of Biological and Chemical Sciences, Birkbeck, University of London. He teaches and co-ordinates courses in plant science, evolutionary biology and conservation biology. Bill Eddie is a lecturer in botany and ornithology for the Open Studies programme of the Office of Lifelong Learning at the University of Edinburgh.
- Author(s)Bill Eddie,Martin J. Ingrouille
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication01/08/2006
- SubjectLife Sciences: Botany
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note250 b/w illus. 200 colour illus. 30 tables
- Weight980 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.