All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProviding a fundamental introduction to all aspects of modern plasma chemistry, this book describes mechanisms and kinetics of chemical processes in plasma, plasma statistics, thermodynamics, fluid mechanics and electrodynamics, as well as all major electric discharges applied in plasma chemistry. Fridman considers most of the major applications of plasma chemistry, from electronics to thermal coatings, from treatment of polymers to fuel conversion and hydrogen production and from plasma metallurgy to plasma medicine. It is helpful to engineers, scientists and students interested in plasma physics, plasma chemistry, plasma engineering and combustion, as well as chemical physics, lasers, energy systems and environmental control. The book contains an extensive database on plasma kinetics and thermodynamics and numerical formulas for practical calculations related to specific plasma-chemical processes and applications. Problems and concept questions are provided, helpful in courses related to plasma, lasers, combustion, chemical kinetics, statistics and thermodynamics, and high-temperature and high-energy fluid mechanics.
- Author BiographyAlexander Fridman is Nyheim Chair Professor of Drexel University and Director of Drexel Plasma Institute. His research focuses on plasma approaches to material treatment, fuel conversion, hydrogen production, biology, medicine and environmental control. Professor Fridman has over 35 years' experience of plasma research in national laboratories and at universities in Russia, France and the United States. He has published six books and 450 papers, has been chairman of several international plasma conferences and has received numerous awards, including the Stanley Kaplan Distinguished Professorship in Chemical Kinetics and Energy Systems, the George Soros Distinguished Professorship in Physics, and the State Prize of the USSR for the discovery of selective stimulation of chemical processes in non-thermal plasma.
- Author(s)Alexander A. Fridman
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication05/05/2008
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note129 tables 165 exercises
- Weight1970 g
- Width177 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine52 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.37Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.