All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book will serve as an excellent text for NVQ plastering students, whilst its encyclopaedic structure enables the experienced plasterer to select information quickly on finer points when faced with an unfamiliar task. Architects and surveyors will welcome it as a guide to the scope of the craft and its materials, and as a reference for conservation work. It provides a thorough introduction to the techniques of modern plastering and a comprehensive treatment of present-day fibrous plasterwork. Also included are full technical details of solid work, and thorough coverage of obsolete practices for the purpose of conservation work. It features working drawings in isometric projection to present a three dimensional picture of specific jobs. The Fourth Edition has been updated to take account of new products and techniques, in particular machine plastering, and changes in health and safety requirements. The sections on Floorlaying, Plasterboard and Internal Plastering have been totally rewritten and all subjects have been checked against Standards. Legislation and regulations have been brought up to date. Published in association with the Plasterers' Craft Guild.
- Author BiographyBrian F. Pegg has recently retired after a long career which took in many aspects of the plastering craft. After a five-year apprenticeship and winning various awards, including the gold medal for the Final City & Guilds examination 1960, he taught at Hammersmith and West London College, eventually becoming lecturer in charge of plastering. Moving into industry to be Technical Director and Head of Research and Development of an international company, he gained experience in administration and costing, as well as more knowledge of work with plastics. The final episode of his career was in set and props production in the British film industry. W.D. Stagg was for many years lecturer in charge of plastering, and subsequently Head of the Department of Building Crafts at Hammersmith and West London College. He is a founder member of the Plasterers' Craft Guild and a past chairman.
- Author(s)Brian F. Pegg,W. D. Stagg
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication09/02/2007
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight614 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.