Plastic-Free: How I Kicked the Plastic Habit and How You Can Too by Beth Terry (Paperback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $25.94Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $24.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGuides readers toward the road less consumptive, offering practical advice and moral support while making a convincing case that individual actions ...do matter. --Elizabeth Royte, author, Garbage Land and Bottlemania Like many people, Beth Terry didn't think an individual could have much impact on the environment. But while laid up after surgery, she read an article about the staggering amount of plastic polluting the oceans, and decided then and there to kick her plastic habit. In Plastic-Free, she shows you how you can too, providing personal anecdotes, stats about the environmental and health problems related to plastic, and individual solutions and tips on how to limit your plastic footprint. Presenting both beginner and advanced steps, Terry includes handy checklists and tables for easy reference, ways to get involved in larger community actions, and profiles of individuals--Plastic-Free Heroes--who have gone beyond personal solutions to create change on a larger scale. Fully updated for the paperback edition, Plastic-Free also includes sections on letting go of eco-guilt, strategies for coping with overwhelming problems, and ways to relate to other people who aren't as far along on the plastic-free path. Both a practical guide and the story of a personal journey from helplessness to empowerment, Plastic-Free is a must-read for those concerned about the ongoing health and happiness of themselves, their children, and the planet.
- Author BiographyBeth Terry is the author of the popular blog MyPlasticFreeLife.com. A founding member of the Plastic Pollution Coalition, Terry gives presentations on living plastic-free and why, despite what some critics assert, our personal changes do make a difference. She spearheaded the successful Take Back the Filter Brita recycling campaign in 2008, and her life and work have been profiled in Susan Freinkel's book, Plastic: A Toxic Love Story, Captain Charles Moore's Plastic Ocean, and the award-winning film Bag It. When she's not out fighting plastic pollution, Terry spends her time with her husband and two rascally kitties in Oakland, California.
- Author(s)Beth Terry
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication07/04/2015
- SubjectEnvironment & Ecology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSky Pony Press
- Content NoteColor photos throughout
- Weight614 g
- Width152 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
- AU $80.68New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.32Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.