All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExplores the Principles of Plasticity Most undergraduate programs lack an undergraduate plasticity theory course, and many graduate programs in design and manufacturing lack a course on plasticity-leaving a number of engineering students without adequate information on the subject. Emphasizing stresses generated in the material and its effect, Plasticity: Fundamentals and Applications effectively addresses this need. This book fills a void by introducing the basic fundamentals of solid mechanics of deformable bodies. It provides a thorough understanding of plasticity theory, introduces the concepts of plasticity, and discusses relevant applications. Studies the Effects of Forces and Motions on Solids The authors make a point of highlighting the importance of plastic deformation, and also discuss the concepts of elasticity (for a clear understanding of plasticity, the elasticity theory must also be understood). In addition, they present information on updated Lagrangian and Eulerian formulations for the modeling of metal forming and machining. Topics covered include: * Stress * Strain * Constitutive relations * Fracture * Anisotropy * Contact problems Plasticity: Fundamentals and Applications enables students to understand the basic fundamentals of plasticity theory, effectively use commercial finite-element (FE) software, and eventually develop their own code. It also provides suitable reference material for mechanical/civil/aerospace engineers, material processing engineers, applied mechanics researchers, mathematicians, and other industry professionals.
- Author BiographyDr. P.M. Dixit obtained a bachelor's degree in aeronautical engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur in 1974 and a PhD in mechanics in 1979 from the University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, USA. He joined the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the IIT Kanpur in 1984, where he is currently a professor. For the past 25 years, he has been working in the area of computational plasticity with applications for metal-forming processes and ductile fracture in impact problems using finite element method as a computational tool. He has published approximately 50 journal papers, 25 conference papers, and two books. Dr. U.S. Dixit obtained a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering from the University of Roorkee (now Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee) in 1987, an MTech in mechanical engineering from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur in 1993, and a PhD in mechanical engineering from IIT Kanpur in 1998. A professor for the department of mechanical engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, Dr. Dixit has published numerous papers and three books. He has also edited a book on metal forming, guest-edited a number of special journal issues, and is an associate editor for the Journal of Institution of Engineers Series C.
- Author(s)P. M. Dixit,U. S. Dixit
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication03/11/2014
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note115 black & white illustrations, 7 black & white tables
- Weight1028 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Contained items statementContains Book and Other digital
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.