All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionReaders of Plato have often neglected the Laws because of its length and density. In this set of interpretive essays, table scholars of the Laws from the fields of classics, history, philosophy, and political science offer a collective close reading of the dialogue book by book and reflect on the work as a whole. In their introduction, editors Gregory Recco and Eric Sanday explore the connections among the essays and the dramatic and productive exchanges between the contributors. This volume fills a major gap in studies on Plato's dialogues by addressing the cultural and historical context of the Laws and highlighting their importance to contemporary scholarship.
- Author BiographyGregory Recco is a tutor at St. John's College in Annapolis. Eric Sanday is Assistant Professor of Philosophy at the University of Kentucky.
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication25/04/2012
- Series TitleStudies in Continental Thought
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width3895 mm
- Height5830 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byEric Sanday,Gregory Recco
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.