All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe aim of the book is to introduce the reader to Plato's political philosophy. The book is directed towards an audience that approaches Plato for the first time. In Plato politics cant be dissociated from ethics, metaphysics and epistemology. One cant fully appreciate Plato's 'ideal state' without understanding Plato's Theory of Forms and his conception of the soul. For this reason the purpose of the book is to place Plato's political philosophy within Plato's philosophy as a whole. The book mainly focuses on Plato's Republic, but also discusses the Statesman and the Laws. Where necessary and in order to explicate main Platonic doctrines, reference is also made to other Platonic dialogues. The purpose of the book is to serve as a guide to Plato's political dialogues.
- Author BiographyEvangelia Sembou graduated in 1995 with first class honours in Politics and History at London University. Following a year's research at Edinburgh, she moved to St Hugh's College, University of Oxford, where she received her D.Phil. in 2000. She divides her time between Athens and London, and is currently Convenor of the Political Thought Specialist Group of the Political Studies Association of the United Kingdom.
- Author(s)Evangelia Sembou
- PublisherImprint Academic
- Date of Publication03/02/2012
- Place of PublicationThorverton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintImprint Academic
- Weight201 g
- Width135 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Trade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.24
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.44
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.