All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $20.14Trending at AU $35.44
- AU $28.57Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $48.99Trending at AU $55.35
- AU $31.18Trending at AU $37.14
- AU $45.90Trending at AU $46.34
- AU $18.35Trending at AU $19.93
- AU $14.77Trending at AU $19.69
About this product
- DescriptionPlato is perhaps the most significant philosopher who has ever lived, and The Republic is widely regarded as his most famous dialogue. Its discussion of the perfect city - and the perfect mind - laid the foundations for Western culture. In Plato's Republic , Simon Blackburn explains the judicial, moral, and political ideas in The Republic and shows why Western thought is still conditioned by this most important of books.
- Author BiographySimon Blackburn is a professor of philosophy at the University of Cambridge and the author of Think: A Compelling Introduction to Philosophy. Simon Vance has recorded over four hundred audiobooks and has earned over twenty AudioFile Earphones Awards, including for his narration of Scaramouche by Rafael Sabatini. He is also the recipient of five coveted Audie Awards, including one for The King's Speech by Mark Logue and Peter Conradi, and he was named an AudioFile Best Voice of 2009.
- Author(s)Simon Blackburn
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication01/07/2007
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Series TitleBooks That Changed the World
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 4
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Weight79 g
- Width163 mm
- Height137 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Narrator(s)Simon Vance
- Contained items statement4 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time270
- Edition StatementUnabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.