About this product
- DescriptionMeet the puzzling platypus! A lively narrative and engaging illustrations follow a fascinating creature that defies categorization. There it is, a giant duckbill emerging from a burrow. But this animal has fur and walks low to the ground, with claws and a wide, flat tail like a beaver. When it swims, it looks like a miniature crocodile, and when faced with threats, it keeps its snakelike vem at the ready. And did you kw that the female platypus lays eggs? Follow a most unusual mammal as it leaves its home and travels through the night, gliding past wallabies and evading a hungry fox hurrying, scurrying, always busy, always looking for a meal!
- Author BiographySue Whiting is a former teacher who divides her time between working as a children s-book editor and writing books for young people. She lives near Sydney, Australia. Mark Jackson is the illustrator of several picture books, including Python by Christopher Cheng and Bilby by Edel Wignell. He lives in Melbourne, Australia.
- Author(s)Sue Whiting
- PublisherCandlewick Press (MA)
- Date of Publication23/02/2016
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCandlewick Press (MA)
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width251 mm
- Height272 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Mark Jackson
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,Picture book
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.