All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionEduard Fraenkel was one of the most influential classicists of the twentieth century. His Plautine Elements in Plautus (originally published in German in 1922) revolutionized the study of Roman comedy. It is still essential reading for students and scholars of Plautus. This translation makes it accessible to an English-speaking readership for the first time. All Latin and Greek is translated, thus making the work available to a wider audience consisting of all those interested in Roman drama. The book includes a translation of the Addenda to the Italian translation published in 1960. The English translation is prefaced by an essay which gives an introduction to developments in Plautine scholarship since 1960.
- Author BiographyThe late Eduard Fraenkel was Corpus Christi Professor of Latin, University of Oxford, 1935-53. Frances Muecke is Senior Lecturer in Classics, University of Sydney. Tomas Drevikovsky is Modern Languages Master, Sydney Grammar School.
- Author(s)Eduard Fraenkel
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication30/11/2006
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight883 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Translated byFrances Muecke,Tomas Drevikovsky
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.