All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDirector of the Pebble Beach Golf Academy, Laird Small, teaches golfers how to improve their score by changing their mental approach to the game and answers key questions such as How do you manage first-tee jitters? What questions should you ask yourself before every approach shot? How do you read tricky lies and get out of trouble? How can you think like an architect? and How do you bounce back after a bad hole? He shares anecdotes and lessons he learned from some of the greatest champions in golf--including Nicklaus, Watson, Palmer, Miller, and Woods--and how they navigated their way around this storied course. From Nicklaus's famous 1-iron to the 17th green at the 1972 U.S. Open to Watson's remarkable chip-in on the same hole 10 years later, this book tells their stories as well as how these legends pulled off each shot and what they were thinking. After reading Play Golf the Pebble Beach Way, golfers will t only be ready to play Pebble Beach, they'll have the tools necessary to shoot their lowest scores ever without having to wade through hundreds of complicated terms and swing details. The book teaches golfers how to play better golf using their own authentic swing while having more fun doing it.
- Author BiographyLaird Small has been the director of the Pebble Beach Golf Academy since 1996 and is one of the country's most highly respected instructors. He is one of GOLF Magazine's Top 100 Teachers in America, one of Golf Digest's Top 50 Teachers in America, and was named the 2003 PGA Teacher of the Year. David Allen has been a sportswriter and editor for 20 years, including stints with GOLF, Golf for Women, and TheGolfChannel.com. He has coauthored several previous books, including Golf Annika's Way with Annika Sorenstam. Jim Nantz is a sportscaster known primarily for his work with CBS Sports television.
- Author(s)Dave Allen,Laird Small
- PublisherTriumph Books
- Date of Publication20/07/2010
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTriumph Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight699 g
- Width206 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Foreword byJim Nantz
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.78
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.89
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.38
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.38
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $91.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.