All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Play and Creativity in Art Teaching, esteemed art educator George Szekely draws on his two classic volumes, Encouraging Creativity in Art Lessons and From Play to Art, to create a new book for new times. The central premise is that art teachers are t only a source of kwledge about art but also a catalyst for creating conditions that encourage students to use their own ideas for making art. By observing children at play and using props and situations familiar to them, teachers can build on children's energy and self-initiated discoveries to inspire school art that comes from the child's imagination. The foundation of this teaching approach is the belief that the essential goal of art teaching is to inspire children to behave like artists, that art comes from within themselves and t from the art teacher. Play and Creativity in Art Teaching offers plans for the study of children's play and for discovering creative art teaching as a way to bring play into the art room. While it does t offer a teaching formula or a single set of techniques to be followed, it demystifies art and shows how teachers can help children find art in familiar and ordinary places, accessible to everyone. This book also speaks to parents and the important roles they can play in supporting school art programs and urishing the creativity of their children.
- Author BiographyGeorge Szekely is Professor and Director of Graduate Studies in Art Education, University of Kentucky, USA, and is currently President-Elect of the National Art Education Association for a six-year term beginning May 2015. He was named a National Treasure by the National Art Education Association and presented with the honor of becoming a Distinguished Fellow. For his lifetime contributions to art education, he received the Victor Lowenfeld Prize and the Emanuel Barkan Award.
- Author(s)George Szekely
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication19/03/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note37 black & white halftones
- Weight272 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.98Trending at AU $53.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.