All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionIn light of recent standards-based and testing movements, the issue of play in child development has taken on increased meaning for educational professionals and social scientists. This third edition of Play From Birth to Twelve offers comprehensive coverage of what we w kw about play and its guiding principles, dynamics, and importance in early learning. These up-to-date essays, written by some of the most distinguished experts in the field, help educators, psychologists, anthropologists, parents, health service personnel, and students explore a variety of theoretical and practical ideas, such as: * all aspects of play, including historical and diverse perspectives as well as new approaches t yet covered in the literature * how teachers in various classroom situations set up and guide play to facilitate learning * how play is affected by societal violence, media reportage, techlogical invations, and other contemporary issues * play and imagination within the current scope of educational policies, childrearing methods, educational variations, cultural differences, and intellectual diversity New chapters in the third edition of Play From Birth to Twelve cover current and projected future developments in the field of play, such as executive function, neuroscience, autism, play in museums, small world play, global issues, media, and techlogy. The book also suggests ways to support children's play across different environments at home, in communities, and within various institutional settings.
- Author BiographyDoris Pronin Fromberg is Professor Emerita at Hofstra University, USA. Doris Bergen is Distinguished Professor Emerita at Miami University of Ohio, USA.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication23/03/2015
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note7 black & white tables, 7 black & white line drawings
- Weight887 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byDoris Bergen,Doris Pronin Fromberg
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.