All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere's doubt that the Dutch Defence is one of Black's most enterprising openings. Black strives to unbalance the position by creating an asymmetrical pawn structure on the very first move, giving himself every opportunity to fight for the initiative from the outset. It's surprise that the Dutch particularly appeals to ambitious players who relish a complicated battle. In this book, Neil McDonald tells you everything you need to kw in order to play this opening successfully: the best lines to choose, the fundamental ideas for both sides, the traps you can set and the pitfalls to avoid, and the move order subtleties which play such an important role in the modern game. McDonald provides a comprehensive repertoire based around the dynamic Leningrad Variation. Read this book and play the Dutch with confidence! This is an essential guide to the Dutch Defence. It includes a Grandmaster's repertoire against 1 d4, 1 c4 and 1 Nf3. It is packed with new ideas and analysis.
- Author BiographyNeil McDonald is a Grandmaster who has firmly established himself as one of the world's leading chess writers, with many outstanding works to his name.
- Author(s)Neil McDonald
- PublisherEveryman Chess
- Date of Publication31/08/2010
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEveryman Chess
- Weight295 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.