Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.06Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the diaries of a Playboy model, experience the swingin' 70's from behind the guarded gates of the Playboy Mansion West. After being chosen as one of the original Playboy Models, Dianne is soon invited to join the elite group at the Sunday afteron barbeques at Hef's. Dazzled by a wonderland of celebrities and glamour, she is w rubbing elbows with Warren Beatty, Dustin Hoffman, Joe Namath, Ryan O'Neal and the beautiful people. The sexual revolution is in full swing and opportunities abound at Hef's new Shangri-la in Holmby Hills. The game room has a private bedroom, the infamous grotto with piped in music has the Jacuzzi and of course there's the legendary upstairs master bedroom. The line between fantasy and reality soon begins disappearing within her new life. She has found herself in this fantasy world after a heartbreaking end to a love affair with a major league baseball player in Orange County. Hollywood had seemed like the place to mend her broken heart. Igring her boyfriend's warnings about the casting couches she strikes out alone to find out for herself. As a naive small town girl diving head first into the allure of Hollywood, initially each adventure seems more exciting than the next. Soon she is jetting off to Vegas with Telly Savalas' Kojak gang. She is sharing an after show cocktail with Johnny Carson in his dressing room backstage. And her best friend is dating Elvis. It's one icon after ather and some of the experiences are shocking. Sadly, she begins to realize the perverted reality of tinseltown as even the legendary George Burns inquires You'd drop your panties for an acting job wouldn't you? After a second appearance on a Bob Hope Show she reflects on the endless disappointments and constant rejections. Now only one question has to be answered. Is it worth it?
- Author BiographyTaking her love of fashion from her early days as a Playboy Model in Hollywood, the author owns and operates an eclectic boutique called Di's Dazzle in The Villages, Florida.
- Author(s)MS Dianne Dorman
- Date of Publication30/05/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight345 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.