Players of Shakespeare 4: Further Essays in Shakespearean Performance by Players with the Royal Shakespeare Company: v.4: Further Essays in Shakespearean Performance by Players with the Royal Shakespeare Company by Cambridge University Press (Paperback, 2000)
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis 1998 book is the fourth volume of essays by actors with the Royal Shakespeare Company. Twelve actors describe the Shakespearian roles they played in productions between 1992 and 1997. The contributors are Christopher Luscombe, David Tennant, Michael Siberry, Richard McCabe, David Troughton, Susan Brown, Paul Jesson, Jane Lapotaire, Philip Voss, Julian Glover, John Nettles, and Derek Jacobi. The plays covered include The Merchant of Venice, Love's Labours Lost, The Taming of the Shrew, The Winter's Tale, and Romeo and Juliet, among others. The essays divide equally among comedies, histories, and tragedies, with emphasis among the comedies on those toriously difficult 'clown' roles. A brief biographical te is provided for each of the contributors and an introduction places the essays in the context of the Stratford and London stages.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication24/07/2000
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitlePlayers of Shakespeare
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note29 b/w illus.
- Weight310 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byRobert Smallwood
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.