All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis broad selection of Swiss architecture, graphic design, and design from 1950 to 2006 demonstrates that in this context, playful humor and clarity are by means opposites, but a highly unusual duo of qualities that mingle and interpenetrate. The question addressed by this publication is: are these examples from three professions, various regions and languages, and a period of more than fifty years bound together by a common deminator? No parade of luxury items, but talents and ideas finding material expression and clients with the courage to embrace new inventions, a presented with examples from architecture, graphic design, and design: movie theaters, swimming pools, pedestrian bridges, gas stations, posters, journals, record and CD covers, books, web design, furniture, and the legendary TEE train (Trans-Europe Express). This publication is accompanied by an exhibition at the Kornhausforum in Bern, which then goes on to additional locations throughout the world.
- Author(s)Claude Lichtenstein
- PublisherLars Muller Publishers
- Date of Publication01/12/2006
- Place of PublicationBaden
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintLars Muller Publishers
- Out-of-print date04/10/2012
- Content Note370 illus., 204 in color.
- Weight925 g
- Width169 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine27 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.