Playing God: Talking About Ethics in Medicine and Technology by Damaris Publishing (Paperback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $9.00+ AU $3.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by rarewaves-outlet
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $8.90+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAdvances in techlogy are pushing back the boundaries of the possible. Even the question of what it means to be humans is open to change. Can the ethical debate keep pace with techlogy's rapid progress, or are matters of right and wrong being left behind? How can Christians find a way through this moral mine field? How can we talk about these things in a way that helps rather than browbeats our friends? Playing God: Talking About Ethics in Medicine and Techlogy is an exciting introduction to thinking about these issues.
- Author BiographyTony Watkins is a speaker, trainer and workshop leader for the Damaris Trust, an organization that helps people relate contemporary culture and Christian faith. He serves as managing editor for Damaris's CultureWatch website and frequently reviews and writes about film, music, books and other media. He is based in Southampton, England. Nick Pollard is the cofounder and International Director of Damaris. He is an accomplished author speaker and broadcaster. He has written 6 books, appeared on many radio and TV programs, and has spoken in countless venues across the world. Dr. Trevor Stammers is senior tutor at St. George's Hospital Medical School. He is an author and broadcaster on sexual health. Caroline Puntis is a co-author of Playing God. Peter May is a co-author of Playing God. Peter S. Williams (MA, MPhil) is a philosopher and apologist with several books to his name and a particular expertise in working with students. In addition to working with the Damaris Trust, Peter is Assistant Professor in Communication and Worldviews at Gimlekollen School of Journalism and Communication in Norway. He has authored A Sceptic's Guide to Atheism: God Is Not Dead (Paternoster, 2009); I Wish I Could Believe In Meaning: A Response To Nihilism (Damaris, 2004); The Case For Angels (Paternoster, 2002) and The Case For God (Monarch, 1999).
- PublisherDamaris Publishing
- Date of Publication16/05/2006
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Place of PublicationSouthampton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDamaris Publishing
- Weight404 g
- Width215 mm
- Height139 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byCaroline Puntis,Nick Pollard,Peter May,Peter S. Williams,Tony Watkins,Trevor Stammers
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.