All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPlaying Guitar in Jazz Band is for beginning to intermediate guitarists who are interested in playing in a jazz big band. Playing this style of guitar can be challenging, as the chord changes are often complex, yet the guitar parts should remain simple eugh to avoid detracting from the overall sound of the band. This book breaks down that process by substituting difficult chord shapes with more flexible voicings that are designed to sound good on the guitar. Learn a wide variety of rhythmic patterns and work with authentic chord charts that are exactly like the ones you will encounter in real-life situations. This is the perfect crash course for students who have just joined their first jazz band and the ideal companion for music teachers who want to better understand the role of the guitar in their ensemble. A CD demonstrating the examples in the book is included.
- Author(s)David Sinclair
- PublisherAlfred Publishing Co., Inc.
- Date of Publication01/07/2010
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAlfred Publishing Co., Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight200 g
- Width224 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback / softback and CD-Audio
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.26New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.75New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.84
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.87
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.21
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $61.00Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.