All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionQuestions you have w and questions that might come to you while getting comfortable playing these organs are answered here in plain language. Each of these organs is played like other organs. It also has its own controls and devices that reflect the forward thinking of Rodgers, the first to use a computer in an organ, the first to successfuly combine organ pipes in an electronic, and w digital, organ. Rodgers is the rare company today that has built pipe organs, including the 13th largest pipe organ in the world, and digital organs. The organ display window is a window into a library of organ stops that are ready, like a dictionary or a thesaurus of organ stops, to give you the sound that you need for the piece that you are playing. This book concentrates on working through the organ controls and features t by telling you what they are but by showing you how to use them and what they can do for you. We write these books after meeting with people who are new to the organs and spending time helping them get started. Based on our tes from those sessions, we then build the books. For the first time, we have then invited owners of these organs to review what we've written and this has been extremely helpful when doing the final drafts. Their help has improved this book and we are very grateful. The index to the book lists all that is covered, from using the transposer, selecting stops, using the usual couplers and the unusual - Bass & Melody couplers - as well as working with multiple memory levels and the PREV and NEXT controls which can be assignable. Since this is about playing the organ, you will also find music for the organ to play that helps explain the features. Careful attention is given to the differences between the organs. The current design of these organs which shares the same tonal generation system through all of them makes covering all the organs in teh same books possible. Nothing makes us happier than hearing from organists, especially those new to playing the organ, as they tell us how our books have helped them as musicians in their playing of the organ. Clear, concise explanations of operation of the controls on the organ and practical advice on their use. This book covers operation of these organs. The first four books in this series are a complete course in organ registration on the Roland, Rodgers and Infinity Organs, exploring the stops, the Voice Palette stops and the USER & Library Access stops. Frog Music Press brings with it more than 10 years experience in creating guides to Rodgers Organs as well as more many years experience working in church music in the USA, Germany and Italy.
- Author BiographyNoel Jones, AAGO has studied and worked as an organist in the United States, Germany and Italy. In a career that includes working as an opera coach, choral director and over the last 30+ years designing and tonal finishing digital organs and organs that combine pipe and digital stops, he has trained more than 500 organists to play digital church organs. Known for his work writing beginner's guides to Gregorian chant, he applies the same skills in writing these books that have a special emphasis on taking pianists and keyboardists and turning them in organists quickly and effectively. His experience on the road working with organists makes him especially effective in helping organists make the connection between the organs they play and the genius of the designers of the instruments as they take the organ into the 21st century. Owner's manuals describing the features of the organs are well-supplemented by Jones' books that show the benefits of the features, often with music that is playable and can become part of a church organist's repertoire. His experience and enjoyment of the Roland & Rodgers church organs is an inspiration to pianists who want to become organists and organists who want to continue to improve their skills.
- Author(s)Noel Jones
- Date of Publication23/01/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight186 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.