All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis book gives a practical method for playing the harpsichord in a way that was lost when the instrument was marginalized by the pia in the 19th century. Since a thorough kwledge of historical performance practice is such an important aspect of playing this repertoire, excerpts from relevant primary sources are given at the end of many of the lessons.
- Author BiographyMark Kroll, recognized as one of the world's leading harpsichordists and fortepianists, has won critical acclaim for his virtuosity and expressive playing during a career that has spanned more than three decades. A noted authority on period instruments and performance practice, he has written on a wide range of subjects, given master classes and courses throughout the country and Europe, and served for 25 years as Professor of Harpsichord and Fortepiano and Chairman of the Department of Historical Performance at Boston University.
- Author(s)Mark Kroll
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication08/10/2004
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width179 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.