All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $72.00Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionEveryone lies, perhaps to protect the feelings of ather, perhaps to secure a deal that will, in the end, benefit all parties. But where is the line between a good lie and a harmful prevarication--and how do we recognize and protect ourselves from the latter? In Playing the Lying Game: Detecting and Dealing with Lies and Liars, from Occasional Fibbers to Frequent Fabricators, accomplished author Gini Graham Scott shares psychological insights into lying that will help answer such questions--and many more. Scott examines every facet of lying, including its history, cultural connections, and motivations. She identifies six types of lies and liars and explains how to detect each type, whether one is confronted with the occasional fibber or a sociopathic, compulsive liar. The book covers lies told in business and politics, lies among friends, lies between dates, married couples, and family members, as well as lies we tell our ourselves. Finally, Scott offers a Lie-Q Test that will help us see how savvy we are--or are t--in detecting fibs, mistruths, and downright deceptions.
- Author BiographyGini Graham Scott, JD, PhD, is a consultant, college instructor, and author of 38 books, including three with Greenwood/Praeger.
- Author(s)Gini Graham Scott
- Date of Publication02/03/2010
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.