All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe last five years have witnessed the birth of a vibrant new group of young scholars who are writing about queer law, politics, and policy--topics which are longer treated as of interest only to lesbians and gay men, but which w garner the attention of political theorists of all stripes. Playing With Fire--the first scholarly collection on queer politics by US political theorists--opens the intersection of lesbian and gay studies and political theory to a wide audience. It covers a wide range of issues, including: the theory of queer identities; the contrasts among ethnic, racial, and sexual identities; the debate between liberals and communitarians; the right to privacy; and the meaning of equal citizenship.
- Author BiographyShane Phelan is Associate Professor of Political Science at the University of New Mexico, Albuquerque.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/02/1997
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Series TitleThinking Gender
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byShane Phelan
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.