All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPlaying with Memories is the first collection of scholarly essays on the work of internationally acclaimed Canadian filmmaker Guy Maddin. It offers extensive perspectives on his career to date, from the early experimentation of The Dead Father (1986) to the intensely intimate revelations of My Winnipeg (2007). Featuring new and updated essays from American, Canadian, and Australian scholars, collaborators, and critics, as well as an in-depth interview with Maddin, this collection explores the aesthetics and politics behind Maddin's work, firmly situating his films within ongoing cultural debates about postmodernism, genre, and national identity.
- Author BiographyDavid Church is a PhD student at Indiana University, Canada. He has contributed to Film Quarterly, Offscreen, Senses of Cinema, The Encyclopedia of American Disability History , and several other publications.
- PublisherUniversity of Manitoba Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2009
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationWinnipeg
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Manitoba Press
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight480 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byDavid Church
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.18Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.