All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWell-kwn papermaker and artist Helen Hiebert has assembled a delightful and exciting collection of paper techniques and projects, including a gallery of work from leading paper artists that expands on the ideas explored in the book. The techniques featured range from pop-ups, model making, and paper cutting, to book arts, quilling, origami, folding, and pleating. There are even a few projects that involve flying paper. The versatility of paper rivals that of any medium: it can be torn into pieces or burned with a match, yet it has the integrity to grace graphic design, fashion, and even architecture. Projects include window stars, shadow ornaments, a kirigami butterfly, a po-up castle, paper rings, a piece of cake, a pia hinge photo album, a folding screen, a table runner, an inflatable ball, a paper hot air balloon, a reusable book cover, four foldable one-sheet books, party lights, a nightlight cover, a diagonal pocket cover, a Sode kite, and an expanding file folder book.
- Author BiographyHelen Hiebert is a Portland, Oregon artist who constructs installations, sculptures, films and artist books using handmade paper, thread and light to create transcendent experiences that alter viewers' perceptions of time, space and form. She teaches and lectures about papermaking and lamp-making internationally, and serves as an adjunct faculty member at Oregon College of Art & Craft. Helen exhibits her work internationally, she is author of the books Papermaking with Plants, The Papermaker's Companion, and Paper Illuminated, and she is a regular contributor to Hand Papermaking Newsletter. Helen has an extensive network of paper colleagues around the world and her interest in how things are made (from paper) keeps her up-to-date on current paper trends. Visit her online at http://www.helenhiebertstudio.com.
- Author(s)Helen Hiebert
- PublisherQuarry Books
- Date of Publication05/12/2012
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQuarry Books
- Content Note300 colour illustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width220 mm
- Height262 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.