Playing with Sketches: 50 Creative Exercises for Designers and Artists by Whitney Sherman (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $36.65Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $49.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing is the backbone of art and design; with all of the tantalizing wonders of the digital world, the best designers, illustrators and artists kw that it's good to step back occasionally and hit the refresh button on your hand and mind. Playing with Sketches is a hands-on, fun approach to exploring drawing principles. Beginning with an introduction to the philosophy of learning through the process of play, this book brings you through a series of basic warm-up exercises that can be combined with later projects. Then you'll move quickly on to more challenging and engaging exercises, including word games, dimensional shapes, and inventive sketchbooks and letterforms, eventually creating a toolkit of ideas and skills developed through the process of play. This book features creative, adaptable ideas, and numerous examples of designers and artists responses to each exercise, giving you a peek into their way of thinking and seeing. With over 25 contributors, from high-profile designers, illustrators and artists to talented graduate students, you see work that will walk you step-by-step through a process or inspire by example. The book provides meaningful outcomes for your practice, including building an image archive, being exposed to new ways to use media and tools, inspiring you to break the rules, to collaborate, and much more!
- Author BiographyAward-winning illustrator WHITNEY SHERMAN was trained as a photographer, held positions as an advertising art director, publications designer, and VP/Creative Director before focusing on illustration as proprietor of Whitney Sherman Illustration. Sherman has taught both graphic design and illustration, and was undergraduate Chair of Illustration for ten years before becoming Director of the MFA in Illustration Practice program at the Maryland Institute College of Art (MICA) in Baltimore. In addition, she is Co-Director of Dolphin Press & Print @ MICA, and owner of Pbody Dsign which produces limited edition illustrated housewares. She is nationally represented by Gerald & Cullen Rapp, Inc., New York. www.whitneysherman.com/
- Author(s)Whitney Sherman
- PublisherRockport Publishers Inc.
- Date of Publication01/12/2013
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationGloucester, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRockport Publishers Inc.
- Content Note300
- Weight712 g
- Width229 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.91Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $36.60Trending at AU $37.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.