All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn diaries covering the period of his artistic directorship of the Abbey. Ben Barnes offers a frank, honest, and probing account of a much commented upon and controversial period in the history of the national theatre. These diaries also provide fascinating personal insights into the day to day pressures, joys, and frustrations of running one of Ireland's most iconic institutions. For over a century now the Abbey has conducted its love/hate relationship with the Irish public and the wider international audience, and in Plays and Controversies Ben Barnes illuminates his own eventful chapter in that absorbing story. Barnes addresses a moment in Irish cultural history which stands as a many-sided cautionary tale. It is the tale of an embattled man, a courageous man, who dares to borrow Yeats' title because he found himself for a time in similar circumstances running the national theatre albeit in altogether different conditions. This book is an important historical record of a recent tumultuous period at the Abbey Theatre.
- Author(s)Ben Barnes
- PublisherCarysfort Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2008
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationDublin
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintCarysfort Press
- Content NoteIllustrations, ports.
- Weight885 g
- Width183 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.