Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $15.00+ AU $8.50 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ccczr12
- See details for delivery est.
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
About this product
- DescriptionThese plays portray a society at the cusp of reform. The writing reflects a deep sense of the need for change, and awareness of the ground beginning to give way beneath the feet. The plays are: Alan Hopgood's Private Yuk Objects, a rich portrait of Australia in the mid-60s centred around Australia's participation in the Vietnam war; and This Old Man Comes Rolling Home, Dorothy Hewett's celebration of working-class life and politics in an inner-suburban Sydney during the cold war. The Lucky Streak by James Searle, a comedy about two young men who share a room in a boarding house, the play is an exploration of the rhythms of the inarticulate and the aggression, rooted in frustration, present in the simplest of domestic conversations; and Norm and Ahmed, Alex Buzo's classic examination of racism and alienation, and the subject of a controversial censorship debate.
- Author BiographyKatharine Brisbane, Editor
- PublisherCurrency Press Pty Ltd
- Date of Publication17/05/1999
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleCurrency Modern Drama
- Place of PublicationPaddington
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintCurrency Press Pty Ltd
- Out-of-print date17/12/2016
- Content Noteb&w photos
- Weight415 g
- Width240 mm
- Height150 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Volume editorKatharine Brisbane
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.