All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionFifteen chapters explaining every aspect, with excerpts from classic and prominent modern works, quotations from ted playwrights, and anecdotes from the author's personal experiences with such as Tennessee Williams and Arthur Miller. Interviews with A.R. Gurney, Lloyd Richards, Connie Congdon, Alfred Uhry, and others are included. An appendix gives information about submitting playscripts, getting grants, entering contests, doing play festivals, securing an agent and so on.
- Author BiographyShelly Frome is a professor of dramatic arts emeritus at the University of Connecticut, a former professional actor, a writer of mysteries, books on theatre and film, and articles on the performing arts that have appeared in periodicals in the U.S. and the U.K. He is also a movie critic and has written a number of articles on aspects of novel writing for various web sites and blogs. A member of Mystery Writers of America, his fiction includes the recently released Hollywood caper Tinseltown Riff, Twilight of the Drifter, The Twinning Murders, Lilac Moon and Sun Dance for Andy Horn. Among his works of non-fiction are the acclaimed The Actors Studio and texts on the art and craft of screenwriting and writing for the stage. He lives in Litchfield, Connecticut.
- Author(s)Shelly Frome
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication28/02/2014
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Weight272 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.